. . . or, actually, a beautiful corner of a garage, at the home of Julie Barnett of Salem, Oregon. Her mom, Andrea, who sent me this photo, says that Julie is “always on the quest for the perfect pickle.” The picture of Julie’s bounty was too good to keep to myself. Thanks, Julie and Andrea, for letting me share it here.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- First Achocha Harvest
- Save That Potato: The Makah Ozette
- Salad Days and Striped Beets
- Fermenting and Storing Kraut in Small Jars, without Pasteurization or Refrigeration
- Goodbye, Scrumptious September
- Finally, Stainless-Steel Mason Jar Bands
- From the New Joy of Pickling: Pickled Sliced Peaches
- Fennel Pollen—Really?
- Canned Cherries for a Flamboyant Dessert
- USDA Approves Steam Canners