Whether or not you plan to attend the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg next week, you can enter a contest to win the Canner’s Treasure Chest from Fillmore Container. The Treasure Chest includes a waterbath canner with a rack and canning tools, two books on canning (Blue Ribbon Country Canning and Food in Jars), and both The Joy of Pickling and The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves. Submit your entry for the Treasure Chest at the Fillmore Container website by January 11, or drop by the company’s fair booth for a chance at a daily prize as well.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- Fermenting and Storing Kraut in Small Jars, without Pasteurization or Refrigeration
- Goodbye, Scrumptious September
- Finally, Stainless-Steel Mason Jar Bands
- From the New Joy of Pickling: Pickled Sliced Peaches
- Fennel Pollen—Really?
- Canned Cherries for a Flamboyant Dessert
- USDA Approves Steam Canners
- News Bites
- Adventures with Almonds, Part II: No-Flavor-Added Homemade Marzipan
- Adventures with Almonds, Part I: The Marvelously Fragrant Hall’s Hardy Almond