The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
- Eradication by Mastication
Tag Archives: food preservation
For a primer on both pickling with vinegar and water-bath canning, see my recent post at the website Eating Rules.
Tom Reynolds, director of food service and industrial marketing for Marukan, wants to sell the company’s rice vinegar to home canners. Apparently he has a ready market; more than three hundred home canners “liked” Marukan rice vinegar on the company’s … Continue reading
A company called Progressive is about to release to the market a set of five new tools for home canners, and I’ve had an early opportunity to try them out. Here’s what I’ve found. The stainless-steel wire jar rack, 10½ inches … Continue reading
Here’s to the man who drinks water pure and goes to bed quite sober. Here’s to the man who drinks water pure and goes to bed quite sober. He falls as the leaves do fall, falls as the leaves do … Continue reading