The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
- Eradication by Mastication
Tag Archives: citron melon
Every day this winter I’ve eyed my citron melons in the entry hall, admiring their summery beauty and wondering how long they would keep. Some people say they store well for a whole year, but I’m guessing that’s true only … Continue reading
I first learned about watermelon’s pale-fleshed, seedy ancestor while studying traditional ways of preserving modern watermelon. Why, I wondered, do people bother to make the watermelon’s narrow inner white rind into pickles and sweet preserves when the red flesh and … Continue reading