The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
- Eradication by Mastication
Tag Archives: cider
I first learned of this traditional preserve of Brittany from a travel guide. In our subsequent trip to Brittany, last spring, my family and I searched the grocery stores and gift shops for pommé. Some people we talked with mentioned … Continue reading
I hope you don’t mind my diverging a bit from the subject of this blog to share some photos of my recent trip to Brittany. First, a produce stand at the weekly market in Dinan: Above left: Beets are … Continue reading
Here’s to the man who drinks water pure and goes to bed quite sober. Here’s to the man who drinks water pure and goes to bed quite sober. He falls as the leaves do fall, falls as the leaves do … Continue reading