The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- For Winter Pies: Home-Canned ClearJel Filling
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
Tag Archives: apples
What can you do with a few beets, some slowly shriveling apples from last fall’s harvest, and an ever-expanding patch of horseradish? Inspired by a traditional beet-horseradish relish from Russia and a canned beet-apple pickle that I read about somewhere … Continue reading
I first learned of this traditional preserve of Brittany from a travel guide. In our subsequent trip to Brittany, last spring, my family and I searched the grocery stores and gift shops for pommé. Some people we talked with mentioned … Continue reading