The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- For Winter Pies: Home-Canned ClearJel Filling
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
Category Archives: Nuts
No, I haven’t been to Moldova lately. In fact, I’ve never been to Moldova. But my daughter went, in May. She knew exactly what sort of pictures I’d like to see. Our Moldovan pal Cristina helped me interpret the photos. … Continue reading
Here in western Oregon, late June to mid-July is the time to pick green walnuts. You don’t need your own tree; just walk the country roads for a while and look up, into the great green canopy of an old … Continue reading
I found these at Barbur World Foods (www.barburworldfoods.com), a Portland neighborhood grocery–cum–Mediterranean specialty market, where green almonds make their appearance every spring. At the stage you see here the almond kernel is hard but still moist, rather like a … Continue reading