This blog is meant to cultivate an appreciation for fruits and vegetables as they come from the Earth–and for the land, breeding, and labor that make them good to eat–and to share advice from an old-fashioned cook and gardener about the best ways to use and preserve the produce of our gardens, fields, and orchards.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- Cabbage Rolls with Adjika
- Taking the Wind Out of Jerusalem Artichokes
- How to Pickled Cabbages Whole
- Bartering for New Tastes
- Purple Mustard from Homemade Must
- From Ukraine: Beet-Horseradish Relish
- A Taste of San Diego
- A Giveaway for Home Preservers
- Mustard Oil: For External Use Only?
- Late-Harvest Treat: Haw Jelly