. . . or, actually, a beautiful corner of a garage, at the home of Julie Barnett of Salem, Oregon. Her mom, Andrea, who sent me this photo, says that Julie is “always on the quest for the perfect pickle.” The picture of Julie’s bounty was too good to keep to myself. Thanks, Julie and Andrea, for letting me share it here.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- Berry Sorbet, Jar Lids, a Book Plug, Bambi Wars, Home-grown Chickpeas, and Terra Madre
- Pickled Pink
- Tasting Lavender
- Brined Cherries, for a Change
- Strawberries in Red Wine
- Strawberries and Roses for a Scented Spring Cordial
- Another Use for Angelica
- An Appetizer for Spring: Fried Angelica Sheaths
- From the First of the Year’s Rhubarb: A Compote
- A Beautiful Pantry . . .