Whether or not you plan to attend the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg next week, you can enter a contest to win the Canner’s Treasure Chest from Fillmore Container. The Treasure Chest includes a waterbath canner with a rack and canning tools, two books on canning (Blue Ribbon Country Canning and Food in Jars), and both The Joy of Pickling and The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves. Submit your entry for the Treasure Chest at the Fillmore Container website by January 11, or drop by the company’s fair booth for a chance at a daily prize as well.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- Berry Sorbet, Jar Lids, a Book Plug, Bambi Wars, Home-grown Chickpeas, and Terra Madre
- Pickled Pink
- Tasting Lavender
- Brined Cherries, for a Change
- Strawberries in Red Wine
- Strawberries and Roses for a Scented Spring Cordial
- Another Use for Angelica
- An Appetizer for Spring: Fried Angelica Sheaths
- From the First of the Year’s Rhubarb: A Compote
- A Beautiful Pantry . . .