Such a loud hum came from my favorite cherry tree yesterday that I thought I had a swarm on my hands. But on this sunny spring morning the bees were only happily collecting food for their babies. Like the forager pictured here, all the bees buzzing around my head had heavy loads of pollen on their legs.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- Win Canning Jars, Lids, and The Joy of Jams!
- Bamboo for Dinner
- A Mixed Pickle of Mixed Parentage
- One Fine Mixer: Fermented Lemon Brine
- Experiments with Tibicos (Water Kefir)
- Homegrown Belgian Endive
- Eating and Drinking in New Orleans
- A Quick Wintertime Refrigerator Relish
- Citron Melon Again, for Dessert
- A Bean Worth Drying: The Scarlet Runner