Our Liberty apples, stored in an unheated bedroom, are a little shriveled but still delightfully toothsome in a pie, especially when you throw in a handful of Canadice raisins and shorten the pastry with lard rendered from the fat of a grass-fed pig.
The Joy of Pickling
The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves
- A Better Boiling-Water Canner?
- Dietary Propaganda, Hoover Style
- Kohlrabi Kraut Again, with Sea Vegetable
- Can Pickles Cure the Flu?
- La Cuisine Rose
- A Handmade Pickle Weight, Pickle Seasoning, and a Cookbook Giveaway
- Tasting Pickles for the Good Food Awards
- What to Do with All Those Eggplants
- Limed Yum-Yum Pickles
- Eradication by Mastication